I would probably self-identify as a female rural West Coast (of USA) Caucasian, but that wouldn't include, as labels often don't, my journey from a small monocultural mill town to a solo sabbatical in six countries (in '91). Now I'm on to the exciting sojourn of retirement (from full-time worklife five years ago). I love travel and art and aesthetics, as well as almost all cats and dogs I've met. This blog is just for fun and experimenting with the tools. It should be amusing...

Friday, March 10, 2006

MY SISTER WAS A ST BERNARD



...adventures of a '50's pacific northwest childhood and beyond...
Howdy there....I have another serious blog, but this is one to play with and learn from as I share a different side of myself and my o'hana (Hawaiian for extended family circle). I'm very new to this, and I've been cruising many other blogs on a steep learning curve while the snow piles up (again) outside our rural woodsy home.
I really did have a dog sister, and as an only child growing (half-way) up overlooking the Columbia River in Washington state, my large pet Heidi became a symbol of a middle-class childhood long before I knew what class meant.
I've spent my 50+ years living and working and playing all over the West Coast of the USA, and now my hubby and I enjoy serendipitous road trips which often end up in marvelous places which I'll recommend to you fellow space and time travelers as I can.
Next step is to figure out how to upload pictures and construct something interesting....how do you get links to parade down the right or left side on this program!?
Cheers, ~Kathi

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home