I would probably self-identify as a female rural West Coast (of USA) Caucasian, but that wouldn't include, as labels often don't, my journey from a small monocultural mill town to a solo sabbatical in six countries (in '91). Now I'm on to the exciting sojourn of retirement (from full-time worklife five years ago). I love travel and art and aesthetics, as well as almost all cats and dogs I've met. This blog is just for fun and experimenting with the tools. It should be amusing...

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Summer, Lovely Summer






Our summer 2010 has been a series of lovely excursions, mostly around here and mostly camping near water. Wish you'd been with us. We're not done 'til the first frost; then we just head south! Next big trip is a fiddle camp near Merrill, OR.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger katiekono said...

Oregon and Northern California are so beautiful, Kathi. Thanks for the lovely pictures! They make me long to go on another "retreat" like the ones I did as part of the "Courage To Teach" program up near Leavenworth, WA.

I want to invite you to my blog, "The Dassler Diaries" on BlogSpot. The last 3 posts are about meeting my husband, so don't think they are all as sappy as those!

I also keep sane by reading Ronni Bennet's Time Goes By and watching Jon Stewart and Rachel Maddow. AND I write a lot of political articles for Associated Content for fun. I will follow your blog.

Friday, November 05, 2010

 
Anonymous Kathi said...

Finally got into here! Thanx, Katie. I'll visit yours, too. Ditto on Jon S. and Rachel! We gotta pray for some sort of sanity!

Cheers, ~Kathi

Sunday, November 07, 2010

 

Post a Comment

<< Home