I would probably self-identify as a female rural West Coast (of USA) Caucasian, but that wouldn't include, as labels often don't, my journey from a small monocultural mill town to a solo sabbatical in six countries (in '91). Now I'm on to the exciting sojourn of retirement (from full-time worklife five years ago). I love travel and art and aesthetics, as well as almost all cats and dogs I've met. This blog is just for fun and experimenting with the tools. It should be amusing...

Saturday, March 11, 2006

DOGS ARE FROM A DIFFERENT CULTURE...

On the Subject of Pets, Childhood and Otherwise....


Being now owned by three long-resident felines, I now regard my friends' canine creatures with intercultural interest, both near and far. There's no place like a dog park or a backyard potluck with the pups for a world of metaphors...

We've recently visited good friends who are served by an elderly, stately Golden Retriever, in one household; two synchronized, white female hyper Jack Russells in another. On the same trip, we found a dreamy, cozy, marvelous motel (off season) presided over by two ancient female Pugs who sun themselves as the shadows cross the palm trees.

Maybe a medium-sized dog would be great when we ever slow down...I recently met a wonderful tri-color Australian Shepherd who must have been the cutest fluffball.

But then I enjoy most things Australian. I spent a month there in '91 and loved every minute. After Bali, and before Japan.


C'mon now, somebody chime in, bark bark...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home