I would probably self-identify as a female rural West Coast (of USA) Caucasian, but that wouldn't include, as labels often don't, my journey from a small monocultural mill town to a solo sabbatical in six countries (in '91). Now I'm on to the exciting sojourn of retirement (from full-time worklife five years ago). I love travel and art and aesthetics, as well as almost all cats and dogs I've met. This blog is just for fun and experimenting with the tools. It should be amusing...

Friday, July 04, 2008

Next, we shall review the hay caper....all 4920 bales?!

We have the honor and some other nutty emotions to help our friends on their nearby ranch for their annual haying season, just now completed for the '08 round.

You have really missed something if you've never been on a "hay team"---we had balers, swathers, machine fixers, sous chefs, manic workers, and wonderful late night meals together with laughter and camaraderie. Who could ask for more?!

In the next few blogspots, I'll share some of the fun and hard work, but I wish you could smell the warm enveloping scratchy smell of newly cut hay for yourself. Get out on a farm and give 'em a hand--you'll be much the richer for it!
Posted by Picasa

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home