I would probably self-identify as a female rural West Coast (of USA) Caucasian, but that wouldn't include, as labels often don't, my journey from a small monocultural mill town to a solo sabbatical in six countries (in '91). Now I'm on to the exciting sojourn of retirement (from full-time worklife five years ago). I love travel and art and aesthetics, as well as almost all cats and dogs I've met. This blog is just for fun and experimenting with the tools. It should be amusing...

Monday, June 30, 2008

Halfway to Heaven

In case you wondered,
here's a good link to where we are on the planet:
Another way we say it is we're halfway between Seattle, WA and San Diego, CA. Or for those zipping up or down I-5, we're halfway between San Francisco, CA and Portland, OR.
(Or pretty close to heaven, except for the months it snows, in my humble opinion!)

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Jerry Waxler said...

Hi Kathi,

I just found your blog. I hope you keep up the experiment. You have a lovely writing voice - I can feel a whole person within the few paragraphs I've read, which is a lovely skill, and a gift to your readers. I'm going to subscribe to your blog. I hope to learn more about you.

Best wishes,
Jerry
Memory Writers Network

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best wishes back to you! That's the most delightful compliment I've heard in, oh, decades! Thanks very much!

Are you the Jerry of 'hair in the melting pot'? I forwarded that widely to my interculturalist colleagues.

My father-in-law's in an assisted living place nearby, and I'm going to forward your blog to the administrators so maybe some of the folks there will get involved, too. Ain't the Internet wonderful?
=)

Cheers, ~Kathi

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

 
Blogger Sharon Lippincott said...

Kathi, you are doing a great job of promotion. I just found your blog too, via a comment on mine. Thanks for stopping by. I love the way your creativity sort of sploshes around on your blog from the unusual name down through all the posts. It lives up to the promise of being amusing.

Thursday, July 03, 2008

 
Blogger ~Kathi said...

Wow, Ritergal, you experts are making me blush! What fun to know I'm giving some chuckles, etc. I plan to follow your blog, too, esp. when I figure out how to make "bloglist" work for me!

Cheers, ~Kathi

Friday, July 04, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home