I would probably self-identify as a female rural West Coast (of USA) Caucasian, but that wouldn't include, as labels often don't, my journey from a small monocultural mill town to a solo sabbatical in six countries (in '91). Now I'm on to the exciting sojourn of retirement (from full-time worklife five years ago). I love travel and art and aesthetics, as well as almost all cats and dogs I've met. This blog is just for fun and experimenting with the tools. It should be amusing...

Monday, June 30, 2008

Her Sister was A What?


Hello to those of you

just tuning in

from somewhere

else


This blog is Kathi's creation, and began with a wish to share pictures and episodes of her Pacific Northwest childhood as an only child with a big hairy canine "sister" named Heidi.

It's become a blog to play with the emerging tools and share my current interests as well. I have the joy of being retired now, and I've recently indulged myself by taking some great art classes, with more to come in the fall.

The drawing and ceramics classes at COS for me have been as much about meeting new folks as they have been a place to stretch my creativity. This is pushing me toward my latent artistic/creative side, which has me also looking at the (decades-old) piles of collage materials and old family photographs, for possible real-time projects...

But here in the far northern woods of California, the sun only shines warmly a few months of the year around Mt. Shasta, and summer is the magic season, seconded only by a lovely fall which rivals New England's.

So gardens, parties and DIY projects pop up demanding attention. How very lucky we are to be able to have a peaceful and inspirational environment here to work and play within. Though the 1000 fires in northern California are getting deadly serious. Let's hope the firefighting crews can get them under control as safely as possible!

Suggestions for this blog are certainly most welcome, and I'd love to see what you're creating and considering, too. Best blessings to readers and their pets! ~Kathi


Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger seniorwriter said...

I like your blog title! I am a cat lover (I had dogs as a child, but they're too much trouble in the big city).However, my last beloved cat, Lyon, died about two years ago. I'll probably get another after I move into my senior residence at the end of the year. I'm glad you like my rictameters.
Marlys

Thursday, July 03, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home