I would probably self-identify as a female rural West Coast (of USA) Caucasian, but that wouldn't include, as labels often don't, my journey from a small monocultural mill town to a solo sabbatical in six countries (in '91). Now I'm on to the exciting sojourn of retirement (from full-time worklife five years ago). I love travel and art and aesthetics, as well as almost all cats and dogs I've met. This blog is just for fun and experimenting with the tools. It should be amusing...

Monday, June 30, 2008

We Grew Up Together

One pretty cute St. Bernard puppy, huh? Heidi was the offspring of a Canadian dog and one from Hollywood. She was, I was told, a cross between a long hair and a short hair version. Her most famous relative was the big Bernard who played the ghostly canine in the old tv sitcom,Topper. We used to show her the screen (and yes, it was also large and boxy in those days), and say "Heidi! Look at your grandfather!"

She was never big enough for me to ride on, as I kept growing too fast, but she was a wonderful pet, albeit the scourge of the neighborhood if anyone left steak on their BBQ....
Posted by Picasa

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home