I would probably self-identify as a female rural West Coast (of USA) Caucasian, but that wouldn't include, as labels often don't, my journey from a small monocultural mill town to a solo sabbatical in six countries (in '91). Now I'm on to the exciting sojourn of retirement (from full-time worklife five years ago). I love travel and art and aesthetics, as well as almost all cats and dogs I've met. This blog is just for fun and experimenting with the tools. It should be amusing...

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Meanwhile, back at home

 



Jack the (blind) Man enjoys another exploratory leashwalk on the deck. This boy is really an extraordinary pet, and I'm so glad I rescued him on the Oregon coast two summers ago. He navigates by some sort of radar/sonar, and rarely runs into something unless it's in the direct path of one of his innumerable routes around the house.

Whether having a huge St. Bernard canine for a sister, back in the Fifties, prepared me to love animals so much, or whether it's the specialness and delight of the animals I meet, I love 'em. What was your favorite pet, and how did it shape your life?
Posted by Picasa

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Mari Meehan said...

All my pets have been the favorite at the time. How did they shape my life? By teaching me patience and how to give and receive unequivocal love!

Friday, September 05, 2008

 
Blogger ~Kathi said...

Ah, so true! And they seem to read out minds and know our moods. I'm grateful for every pet I've had the honor to live with, and cherish their memories. Your big pup looks like a character for sure! ~K

Monday, September 08, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home